One major study indicates that 92% of accident-involved riders had no professional or formal motorcycle training...
Don’t add to this statistic.
Who should take this course?
- Has taken the BRC and been riding for at least 6 months or 3000 miles.
- Operates a motorcycle on a frequent basis, but has never had any formal instruction.
- Has not taken a course in the last year and would like to refresh their skills.
No matter how long you have been riding, the Experienced Rider Course is tough enough to challenge your skills. This one-day course is designed as a street survival check-up and is intended for licensed riders with a minimum of six months and 3000 miles of current riding experience. The ERC is taken on your own motorcycle.
This is NOT a high performance riding school. The ERC will help you to sharpen your street riding survival skills. It is intended to help you polish those skills that motorcycle accident research has shown were lacking in those riders who crashed.
You will learn:
- How to have a strategy to deal with traffic hazards
- How to corner skillfully
- Swerving techniques
- Quick Stop techniques (both in a straight-line and in a curve)
- Skills that you will be able to use riding to the corner store, or cross-country
- Skills that will help keep you from becoming another statistic
Successful completion of the ERC allows a participant to:
- Understand the Texas Helmet Law
- Be eligible for an insurance discount (dependent upon the Insurance Carrier)
- Have a driving ticket dismissed (dependent upon the Court’s approval)
Students MUST meet the following criteria to take the ERC:
- Have a valid Texas MOTORCYCLE Driver’s License (if you do not have a motorcycle endorsement, you will need to take the BRC first)
- Provide their own street legal, registered motorcycle. Motorcycle must pass a pre-ride (TCLOCS) inspection
- Provide their own protective gear. Helmets are available for loan if needed
Click Here for Cost/Hours/Schedule
Note: Awesome Cycles reserves the right to dismiss anyone from class that cannot meet the objectives of course or becomes a danger to themselves, classmates, or any persons during the course. There will be no refund of any kind issued in this case.
Note: Awesome Cycles can set up special ERC’s for your riding group. Please call for information.
Frequently Asked Questions